Mission & Outreach
St. Mark’s bears the distinction of being the first Jubilee Center for Ministry in The Episcopal Church. As a Jubilee Center For Ministry, St. Mark’s has been recognized by The Episcopal Church for its engagement in mission and ministry among and with the poor and oppressed peoples. Parishioners get involved with many different issues of justice and peace locally, nationally, and internationally.
In 2013, St. Mark’s was the site for an observance marking 30 years of Jubilee Ministry in The Episcopal Church. Presiding Bishop Katharine Jefferts Schori joined diocesan Bishop Nathan Baxter, the people of the diocese and parishioners of St. Mark’s in celebrating this milestone. To watch a recording of the Festival Eucharist, including Bishop Katharine’s sermon, click here.
St. Mark’s Church:
• Seeks cooperation and appropriate ecumenical sharing among local denominations. Parish clergy regularly meet with pastoral leaders of other denominations in the Lewistown area.
• Provides confidential assistance to individuals during personal emergencies as resources allow.
• Provides food packages for individuals and families in need at Mother Hubbard’s Cupboard, an outreach ministry of St. Mark’s
staffed by parish volunteers and members of the community, including members of other Lewistown area churches.
• Provides a wholesome and nutritious sit down meal once monthly, free-of-charge, for anyone who comes. Good food and fellowship are the order of the day the fourth Thursday of each month in the parish hall at our Breaking Bread Together dinners.
• Seeks to increase awareness of the importance of environmental stewardship by providing guidance and information that can apply to our daily lives.
• Seeks to address the unique needs of aging members of the community through Folks of a Seasoned Age.
• Subsidizes international and national relief efforts through both The Episcopal Church and other trustworthy aid organizations.
To download a brochure about Jubilee Ministries at St. Mark’s, just click click here.
Click Here for more information on Jubilee Ministries in The Episcopal Church